What is the English name for Chitra Rajmah?

  • What is the English name for Chitra Rajmah? Aquarius_Girl

    What is this variety of kidney beans called in English? We call them "Chitra Rajmah" in Hindi. http://www.helloorganic.com/Rajma_chitra.html enter image description here

  • Pinto beans. Throw in a few more foods in Hindi, and I'll translate them too, while I'm here; I've got good reference books handy with names in both English and Hindi.

Related questions and answers
  • shallots, butter, flour and black pepper, but I understand the two ingredients cited previously are the main ones. However, many recipes I can find online (here and there, for example) on English-speaking websites add Worcestershire sauce. Not all of them do, but I still wonder: what purpose does this extra Worcestershire sauce add? I'm not too familiar with it, but if I understand it might bring some spiciness (already somewhat covered by black pepper). So, what do you think it brings to the recipe and overall taste?

  • Namkeen Mathi/Mathri translates to salty, chewy, and crisp biscuits in English. http://www.tarladalal.com/Namkeen-Mathri-10381r Ingredients 2 cups plain flour (maida) Method 2. Add... the recipe asks for a hard dough? http://goodethnicveggiedelights.blogspot.in/2011/05/mathri-traditional-indian-namkeen.html Recipe Ingredients * Semolina (suji) - 1/3 cup Above recipe asks only for Maida, but this one (for the same dish) asks for Semolina as well. What would addition of Semolina do to the Namkeen Mathri?

  • , malty flavor, and strong, bright color. Assam teas, or blends containing Assam, are often sold as "breakfast" teas. English Breakfast tea, Irish Breakfast tea, and Scottish Breakfast Tea... in Hong Kong ) I can just grap one English Breakfast Tea in supermarket. However, in this wiki about English Breakfast Tea, the tea leaves could also come from Ceylon and Kenya: English Breakfast tea

  • I found a cookie recipe which requires "English Toffee bars". I have never seen them around here, and don't know what they are. What are these bars? Is there any substitution I can use? How close are Toffifee candies? If it just said "toffee", I would cook it at home. But I am unsure what the differences are between an English toffee bar and normal toffee. Can I still cook it? How does it differ from normal toffee? Or can I just put normal toffee in the cookies?

  • I would like to bake an Opéra cake for someone who doesn't really appreciate the taste of coffee. Since coffee and chocolate are the two main elements, I am wondering: what flavour could I substitute for coffee in my coffee buttercream? I suppose the qualities I'm looking for are a bit of bitterness, and it should go well with chocolate and orange liquor? PS: I just noticed that the English wikipedia describes the sponge cake as “soaked with coffee”, but in the way I usually do it it's soaked with Cointreau so I don't need any replacement there.

  • I have tried making English muffins a few times. Each time the flavor was good but I didn't end up with the open interior texture that I expect from storebought English muffins. I let them proof for the amount of time recommended by the recipe- about an hour. I cooked them on an electric skillet. They took a bit longer to cook than the recipe called for- about 5 minutes per side if I recall. What do I have to do to encourage the formation of large holes and an open interior texture in my English muffins?

  • I have a RÖMERTOPF at home. It is a porous clay casserole dish. I have recipes, sure. But I'm always looking for more. I'm not asking for recipes, though: I'm asking what the closest international / UK / US equivalents would be, so that I could be sure that I find appropriate recipes when looking for it.

  • I am looking for an apartment to rent. There is one that the agent said has no oven but only something I didn't catch from her speaking. I usually call those round things on the top heated by either cooking gas or electricity, "stove" or "range". But I am not an native American English speaker. So I wonder if cooktop, range and stove all refer to those round things on the top? What differences are between them? Thanks!

  • This is a question not about home cooking, but about working out how an industrial food is cooked — I’m not a regular here, so apologies if it’s judged as off-topic. Extruded snack seems to be the te...

Data information